Saturday, January 18, 2014

State of the Hair

For all those waiting in breathless curiosity, that salon visit can be summed up in brief as follows.

Called salon.  Requested appointment with Stylist A who, according to sundry online reviews, is good with curly hair.  Stylist A no longer works at that salon.  *&%^!  Throwing all caution to the winds and being fed to the teeth with these horrible ends, I asked the receptionist if they had anyone there who was good with curly hair.  Yes, quoth she, let me book you with Stylist B.

Fine, sure, whatever.  I was desperate, I tell you.

Two hours before my appointment with Stylist B, the receptionist called.  Stylist B is out with a sick kid, but she's booked me with Stylist C, who apparently is also good with curly hair.

Yeah, right, sure.  Two stylists in the same salon who can both cut curly hair.  Tell me another one.

However, as I said, I was desperate.  Fine.  Go for it.

And, ummmmm....dang, my hair looks cute!

So the moral of the story is that sometimes ya just need to go with the flow, and you may find a competent stylist at the end of the rainbow.  Or something like that.

On which note, I'm off to deal with a water stain on my kitchen ceiling.  Back soon.

2 comments:

  1. oh I'm so glad!!! Hair stuff is nerve wracking, I had been thinking of you. :) And I hope your water stain isn't anything too serious. :( Our ceiling hole remains, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, believe me, I'm glad too. :D

      As for the ceiling, we learned the hard way that AC overflow pipes, when located in one's attic, must have bleach poured down them once a quarter or so to prevent buildup. *ew* That was a bit of a saga in and of itself, albeit nothing like yours. The ceiling did *not* collapse, and my husband's work laptop, which was sitting, I kid you not, DIRECTLY under the leak but in a bag, wasn't ruined...but it meant a really ugly stain on the ceiling until yesterday, when I repainted it. *beams proudly* It looks darned good now, if I do say so myself!

      Delete