Wednesday, October 30, 2013

This is what an upcoming bake sale looks like

In lieu of a real post, I present my kitchen table, circa a couple of weeks ago when I volunteered to make something for our church's Fall Festival bake sale.  In case you couldn't tell, I was a bit bored that day and may have gotten very slightly carried away.  I doubt, however, that anyone minded.  ;)

Clockwise from the top right, that's toffee coated in semisweet chocolate and sprinkled with slivered almonds and sea salt; peanut brittle; toffee; pecan fudge; and regular fudge.  Not pictured are the three loaves of pumpkin bread which happened later in the week.


And that is what bagged-n-tagged Diabetes In A Box looks like--about 12 pounds of it, to be exact.  Because of bake sale rules, I was amused to find myself noting on the back of the peanut brittle and pecan fudge tags "Warning: Contains Nuts."  Ya think?!

I didn't help with the bake sale itself--went to a football game instead--but I believe it went well.  Incidentally, a thought occurred to me while making most of this stuff: most homemade candy is naturally gluten-free.  Think about it: if the primary ingredients are sugar, butter, flavoring, nuts, etc...no reason to substitute anything, really.  Huh.






2 comments:

  1. Yum. Looks like fun, I love baking and cooking too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) It was a lot of fun to do!

    ReplyDelete